Who are we?
The Upper Valley Arts Alliance (UVAA) is a regional organization with focus on the arts in New Hampshire and Vermont. We strive to reach the sixty-one communities we serve with information on performing, literary and visual art experiences that are happening within this region. To understand what communities are within our region, go to www.nhcf.org for the list on the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation Upper Valley Region page.
The Arts Alliance was founded in 2004 in response to a widespread recognition of the importance of the “Creative Economy” and its important role in providing a vibrant and stable community base. Another important attribute is that the arts help attract and retain employees to our region.
With support from the NH Charitable Foundation,
the alliance pursued a number of initiatives:
- Began a comprehensive database of local artists, arts organizations and arts-related businesses
- Produced “Arts for All” – a celebration of the arts in downtown Lebanon
- Hosted a series of mixers for artists and art patrons
- Circulated a fortnightly ‘eDigest’ bringing arts-related news to over 350 subscribers
- Conducted a survey of performing arts organization that led to setting up a collaborative facility for creation and storage of sets and costumes.
Our focus today:
UVAA is connecting and helping to connect artists and arts organizations with each other. Our support comes in strengthening the community by highlighting the work each does; by profiling artists who are making a difference; by convening workshops that offer artists business shared learning and by collaborating with arts organizations to strengthen their work within our region.
Without the arts and culture our region would not be as vibrant as it is. Join us in keeping us working together!